Thief of Hearts Neptune
Thief of Hearts Neptune is turning out to be everything we hoped he would be. He is heading towards becoming the Great Improver.
The above picture is of Neptune taken January 2010 just before shearing
Thief of Hearts Neptune was the first Stud Male that we have ever certified from our own Breeding programme.
Neptune is a Stud Male that we believe will improve all basic females by putting some Structure into their frames and at the same time put a commercial fleece onto their backs.
Neptune has some fantastic traits that we believe are important in any Breeding programme …..
• He is Big and Strong with a great presence
• He has a big heavy cutting fleece which grows extremely fast
• His fleece consists of fine bundles
• His Fleece is Dense with a beautiful Crimp
• Neptune is all Male, he is just what a Stud Male should look like
• We have liked this boy from the minute he was born and we still like him
Neptune at 18 Months of Age Neptune at 3 Years of Age
You can see by the above two pictures that Neptune did not change from 18 months of age to 3 years of age.
Now he is 4 years old (Born 19/6/2006) he has just developed into an extremely strong looking Male and he is still pumping out the fleece.
This Picture was of Neptune’s First Fleece (unfortunately he was over fleeced at 10 months)
but you can still see the structure and length he grows.
This Picture is Neptune’s Mother when she was just 7 months old, we remember being very excited about her when she was just a Cria herself. She has never disappointed us and is one of our best producing Females.
Why do we rate Neptune so highly?
- • He is the Son of Hadstock NZ Classique who has produced some amazing Cria for us.
• He is the result of 3 of our Stud Males being used over our own females. He has picked up all the good traits from Condoriri, Gladiator and Classique
• His Dam is producing some of our best stock. Her Cria from last year (2009) Trebble, has the best fleece we have ever produced – just stunning
• His first batch of Cria have all been a huge improvement over their Dams
• Our Clients are now requesting him as a Stud Male, now they have his Cria on the ground.
Neptune’s Showing Record
We are the first to admit that Neptune is not a world beater, but when he has been shown he has been very consistent in that he has always been placed 3rd or 4th in his class, but remember he has been up against the best Stud Males in New Zealand.
He has been placed first on several occasions when he was shown in the Sires Progeny Class.
Neptune’s pedigree is below
Below are a couple of Neptune’s Cria to date